Friday, September 12, 2014

may she rest in peace

It's been a "good ride" like a really great rollercoast: big highs,
deep lows, and lots and lots of screaming.

Tazza Mia's last "Day of Business" was Thursday, and today Eric and I spent the morning and early afternoon boxing stuff up, cleaning out fridges, and (the best part) throwing things away. We shattered all of our dishes in a giant trashcan, hurling them down as hard as we could so that glass shards and powder blossomed upwards in a mushroom cloud. "I think I have a piece of glass in my eye..." Keith brought us $100 in Rock Bottom giftcards, so Eric & I ordered To-Go. He had a cheeseburger and fries, and I had the brewery nachos with chicken. Oh, and we also downed half a growler of Brown Bear. It was a bittersweet (but mostly sweet) moment walking out the revolving doors of Tower Place and heading to the parking garage to shell out eight dollars for the last time. Now I will have Tuesday and Wednesday mornings off, and Fridays off altogether! And if I get this preaching gig in the boondocks of eastern Ohio, I'll be making more than I was when I was working at Tazza Mia and Walk of Joy. Fingers crossed and prayers splurged!

Also, I treated myself to a couple mementos:
(without asking, "Why do I want to remember this?")


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...