Wednesday, September 10, 2014

#rowewoods, et. al.

from Rowe Woods
I planned on going kayaking today, but the kayak rental place was closed when I got there. I'm guessing it's because it's been so overcast today? So instead I drove out to the nearby Rowe Woods and hiked a couple miles before ending with a half-mile run and sprinting up carved limestone steps. My legs were on fire. There's another kayak rental place I might try next week; it's on the Miami Whitewater. 

I spent yesterday evening at Winton Ridge.
"You know what I miss?" Brandy quipped. "When we used to take pictures."
So the two of us took some pictures:


I'm heading straight down to the Gorge after work on Friday and I'm pretty pumped about it. I'll be off by 2 PM and in the Gorge by 4 PM. My plan right now is to check in to the room I rented and head straight for Natural Bridge. Once I've done some considerable hiking and enjoyed the top of the Arch in 70-degree weather, I'll head over to either Miguel's Pizza or the Rock House for dinner. I'm taking my Green Study Bible (my favorite Bible, a great literal translation of the original languages, and it came courtesy from Blake), and in the back of the Bible they have a series of "devotions" on God and His creation. I plan on going through several of these Friday night and several more in the morning before hiking a couple smaller trails throughout the Gorge. Then I'll be zipping back up to Cincinnati for work Saturday and Sunday night.

The church contacted me again: they're bumping me up to the 21st of this month for my spot in the second circuit of candidates. I'm assuming that another candidate dropped out for the slot to be opened up again. Regardless, I'm pretty excited about preaching again. I said my sermon topic would be on forgiveness (namely, forgiving others), but I'm toying with a couple other ideas. I'll have to figure it out by next weekend though, so I have ample amount of time to prepare.

On my run the other day I listened to Mumford & Sons, and this song captures so much of what I feel. It's "the banjolin song":


she stole my heart and made me sing
she tore me limb from limb
i did not think that i could love
or be loved that way again

how glad i was to be myself
and use my heart once more
how glad i was to be a man
and love that girl that i adore

well my eyes shall see light again
and my heart shall bleed right again
oh my eyes shall see light again
and my heart shall bleed right again

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...