Sunday, February 22, 2004

me: a sanhedrin

Ashamed

Sanhedrin.

Myself.

Connection? Yes. I am much like the Sanhedrin, griping about other peoples' problems and sins, ignoring my own. I criticize the splinter in another's eyes, all-together blinded by the plank in my own. I deeply struggle with hypocrisy, and it tears me apart. Jesus' way is not condemning, but I have made my own way--using Jesus as a footstool--to do exactly that: condemn. Jesus didn't come to earth to send people to hell, but give them a route to heaven. I have confused a key aspect of the Savior I love, and it has reflected--harshly--in my writings. I am ashamed and guilt-ridden that I have done this; just as I yearn to rid of lust, pride, gossip, I wish to rid of this fatal killer, too, that being hypocrisy, a thing that turns many people against Christianity--what will I say to God when someone doesn't accept Jesus because of my snapping words?

I pray that if I have offended you in any of my writings, you will forgive me.

Lord, please forgive me for being such a hypocrite, and save me from this plague, and all others. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...