Sunday, February 08, 2004
condemned for being unhappy
Some tend to think Christians are evil or mistaken or to be scolded if they are "down in the dumps," "grief-stricken," or "swimming in the blues." Have these people ever read the Psalms (i.e. Psalm 73) or the account of Jesus in the garden at Gethsemene (Matthew 26)? You are scorned if you are a Christian and not happy with life; after all, you have a relationship with God, so why wouldn't you be happy? If you're a Christian and not happy, then you're really not a Christian at all (so some say). And how come, if you're lonely, forsaken, and full of grief and pain, it is always a chemical unbalance in the brain? Can't it ever be very real situations in a very real fallen world immersed in very real problems?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I re...
-
I have kept a daily journal since 1999. What you see here is my proud collection, each journal holding on its pages the excitement and t...
No comments:
Post a Comment