Monday, February 02, 2004

Week 5

this is kinda Pat's thing right now...
Snow Day! I dreamt I was at C.I.Y., but it was in a slum city, and we were worshiping in an old theater littered with bird skeletons and infant skulls. I slipped away with a girl I liked, and we went into a shanty and had dry sex. I hope God doesn't hold these dreams against me! ["It was just a dream. It means nothing."] Pat D. came over in a really bad mood, but once he started playing Bf1942 he lightened up. Chris and Lee walked over from their house, cutting through North Park and those subdivisions, and Lee and I went sledding out back. Doogie kept attacking and humping us. Chris wanted to sled so badly but was afraid he'd hurt his freshly-stitched finger. At least he had gotten the bandages off. Pat D. stayed on Bf1942 the entire time. I took them to Chris and Lee's, and then worked 5-8:00, but I got off early because the store was empty. I went back to the Williams', and we loaded into the Jeep and went to the high school to make sure my parking spot wasn't covered in snow. Just my luck: it was. We went back to my place for a while, and Pat D. jumped right back on Bf1942. Chris and Lee left, and I crawled into bed and fell asleep to the glow from the computer screen and Pat D. laughing, saying, "They exploded my Jeep and it still rolled through all their guys as it was burning!"

Tuesday. I had to park down by the football field because of the snow. There were rumors we'd get out of school early, an impending "blizzard," but nothing happened. I picked up Pat D. right after school, and I took him to the Williams'. They were hitting up some guitar stores, but I decided just to go home. I spent the evening playing video games, and I got rumor of someone accusing me of not showing God's love and "hating those who are not Christians", and the thought of those two things is reprehensible to me. Hank exclaimed, "It's like he's got some personal vendetta against you!" He's been all over my case since the VMAs and all the hoopla about Fantasy Football, and I can't imagine why. I've done nothing to him. All I know is that I have sworn to follow Jesus and to plunge into a life of serving him by serving others, and there will always be people like this no matter what.

Wednesday. Let me tell you why my school sucks: (1) The roads were drenched in snow and ice overnight; (2) all the schools around us were delayed or closed; (3) we were not delayed, not closed; (4) we go to school an hour earlier than everyone else, so the roads were far worse for us than they would've been for those closed or delayed schools. Yesterday the roads were fine, and problems ensued. Today the roads were worse, and there were wrecks all over the place. After school I picked up dinner from Taco Bell, and swung by McDonald's to pick up food for Mom and Ams. Chris went with me, and when we got back we watched Spies Like Us. Lee came over, and we all went sledding at North Park. It was sheer ice, and we could barely make it back up the small hill. We were bored of the hill so we went into the woods, and we tried sledding down the downhill trails. It didn't work out too well. It took us fifteen minutes to get to the top of the trails, and Lee fell off his board multiple times, and once he flew into a tree and the trunk rammed his crotch. When I went, my leg hit a tree and I spun out of control, and I was flung off the sled into a patch of thorns, and I rolled through them and almost tumbled into the icy creek. Chris came down fine, and Lee and I weren't sure how; but he had a problem stopping, and he had to bail from the sled before it flew into the creek. We trudged home nursing wounds, and we made hot chocolate and watched Channel 73 Fuse Music Videos. 

Thursday. Chris came over after school, and our parents had small group. Kristen came over to babysit, and I wanted to talk to her so badly about how my feelings for her have been resurfacing as of late, but I forced myself not to. We'd already gone through all that, I didn't want to start reliving it again. 

Snow Day! I woke up, learned we were on a 2-hour delay, and went back to bed. Dad woke me up around 7:20 telling me school was closed. Once I rolled out I looked out the window, the roads were covered again. Everything was so quiet. I fixed a bacon, turkey, and cheese sandwich paired with a glass of milk and potato chips, and I ate this while watching Tommy Boy. I finally finished Heavier than Heaven, a pretty decent book. Pat D. and I talked online for a bit. He's getting his life with God back on track. Prayers answered! I went to work come afternoon, and we were slammed: Superbowl Weekend. I had to do three peoples' jobs and got yelled at for not keeping up. Really? I stayed an hour late when no one else did, but people don't tend to remember such things. Once I got out of there, I went to Chris and Lee's. Mom brought me over some orange chicken from China Village, two pillows, three comforters. Pat D. went insane on me. I blocked his blows, asked if he was okay. He apologized later. We watched Bad Boys II, one of the rental movies I yanked from work. 

Saturday. Debbie woke me and Lee up: Luke was stuck in the snow outside and had to get to work. We went out and pushed him onto the road. I lost my keys overnight and couldn't find them, so Dad brought me the spare. I followed him home, and I had two pieces of pizza for breakfast, took a shower, cleaned up. I worked 9:30-3:00, eating Amanda's mongolian chicken on break (without her consent, mind you). I went to Chris & Lee's when I got off work. Pat D. was with them, and we all got in my Jeep and went back to my place. Amanda had two friends over--Aly and Stephanie--and Chris was super into them, so he hung with them the entire time. Pat D. played Bf1942 (no surprise there) and Lee and I watched Reno 911. Aly and Stephanie left, and Chris and Ams watched Fuse videos all evening.

Sunday. ["Hello. It's Pat Dewenter. I am here to say hello. Well. Farewell."] I woke early and rushed Lee to first service. The Jeep was freezing. I went back for second service. We didn't have youth group again, and I miss that. I left church early, just felt weird being there. Sometimes I want to leave Southwest. I want meat, not watered-down, pop-culture, spiritual skim milk. I want something real out of church, something I can feel, hold, grasp. Bryon and I talked about checking out some other churches; we want to be fed. Pat D. came over, and Mom told us that Ron & Aisa are going to be staying with us in October for a week when she and Dad go on vacation to Cancoon. It's going to rock! Mom, Dad & Ams went to a Superbowl party, but football's not really my thing, so I stayed home and talked to Pat D. online late into the night. We were going to hang out tonight, but he had to leave early because he was grounded (stayed out till 3 A.M. with Courtney and Carly, and his parents weren't happy). I watched Terminator 3 before bed. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...