Monday, February 16, 2004

week 7

and so it begins...
Monday. I didn't sleep well last night, tossing and turning and bothered by nightmares. I was glad to wake up. I napped on the couch before school with Doogie roaming around the living room. After school I worked a busy 4-8:00. I went to Chris & Lee's when I got off. Chris was there alone, and he wanted to show me a clip from a movie he'd seen, and it was the church clip from 28 Days Later. I really wanted to see but I also really wanted to eat, so I went home and watched Jurassic Park while eating dinner: steak, herb mashed potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms. Mom wants to put me on depression medicine.

Tuesday. Last night I dreamt that I was alone in the woods on a bike path. A bunch of people in wheel chairs started coming at me down the path, and they were dead and bloodied. They knocked me into a pit, and when I landed piercing claws stabbed me in my back and in my legs, and it felt like a needle was shoved into my groin and poison injected. I woke up shaking, with one thought: Was I just abducted?! It was probably because of the zombie movie. When I fell back asleep I had another dream, where I was being hunted by a tyrannosaurus wearing a trench-coat and carrying an umbrella. After school Amanda, Ashley, and I went over to Chris & Lee's to watch 28 Days Later, some zombie movie they're really into. I really liked it. We left their place around 6:00 for bible study at Zach and Kristen's. On our way we swung by the house to get some bibles, and then through McDonald's for a quick bite to eat. The crowd was rowdy, but then everyone got serious. Lee's running the bible study, and I'm helping him out. We put the DVD in the computer, and Lee had me run the discussion group. I really liked that, too. 

Wednesday. We got out of school early today, and I took Ams to the health food store. Chris came over; Lee' was working on his history project--on dinosaurs!--and Pat D. was out with Carly. Ron picked Chris up later in the evening for their small group, and I ran by work to pick up some food and drinks. I said hi to everyone working there--Kelly, who's a guy; and Linda, Wanda, Michelle, and Vicki. Supper at the house was Doritos drenched in melted cheese and laced with pepperoni. Jared taught me how to do it.

Thursday. Chris and Pat D. came over after school, and we had a pretty great time: we hung a monkey from my fan and hit it with belts; we dug through the crawlspace (no stitches this time!) and explored the attic; Chris ripped open my pants; I made videos of Pat D. and Doogie on the computer; and Mom and Dad had small group. Amanda had her friend Aly over, and I burned lots of Pat D.'s Nirvana CDs. He's a fanatic. And, of course, Pat D. played lots of Bf1942.

Friday the 13th. We had the faculty/student basketball game at school today, but I skipped it. Why would anyone care about that? I got my paycheck from I.G.A., said Hi to Ricky, Ryan and Payton. The family loaded up and shipped out down to Kentucky. Amanda had to poop the whole time, so we kept stopping at exits and rest stops. Mike Savage was on the radio talking about the "filthy perverts who are taking over America", namely "the queers". He was talking about it because of all the Gay Marriage debates going on right now, specifically in Massachusetts, Ohio and California. I'm completely against it, and I don't care what you say. We stopped for dinner at Arby's, and we got to Grandma's around 9:11 (a number that will live in infamy!). I folded out Grandma's living room and lied in bed watching Morning with Bonnie with Dad, and I fell asleep watching The Cosby Show.

Valentine's Day. I woke up around [or, rather, exactly at] 8:18. I had toast, rice krispies, and bacon for breakfast. I listened to Nirvana's Unplugged while I ate. Grandma likes the album. I played video games with Dad, and Mom gave me a Valentine's Day card with ten bucks in it. Score! I watched a show on ancient oceans, and then Jesse and Jared picked me up, and we grabbed lunch at Wendy's. We went to Borders to read magazines, and I browsed the deals. The place was packed. We went back to their house, and we all took naps before going back to Grandma's. For Grandma and Grandpa's birthday we had Dominoes pizza. Jesse, Jared, Ams and I watched some weird Japanese shows on MXC, and we watched an interview with Howard Stern on dating the girl from the American Pie movies. Jesse, Jared and I fell asleep on the foldout bed.

Sunday. Grandma fixed an awesome breakfast: bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, with sparkling white grape juice. I joined Aunt Teri and all them for some afternoon shopping, and she spent hundreds of dollars on ridiculous stuff to put in Jesse and Jared's upcoming house. When we got back home from Kentucky, and I ran Media-Shout for Student Revolution. Jeff spoke on the 412 problems and how they need to change. He even quoted some stuff from an email I sent him sometime last week. He encouraged us to confess how we've wronged one another, and people were surprisingly open and honest. It was a pretty good experience.

week 7

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...