Saturday, February 28, 2004

speechless

Just got home, after seeing PASSION at the cinemas this morning. I went with my friends, and all of us were hooting and hollering and having a good time before the lights darkened. We sunk into our seats, giddy and playful. The scene unfolded, the movie played out. The curtains fell. All of us were quiet--we stood, and quietly walked out the door. Crying everywhere. Tissues being wiped across faces. Heads low. Eyes distant. I looked at one of my friends, and he seemed completely out of it, staring into space. The entire movie flashed back and forth in my mind, from the gruesome scenes to those that touched my heart. I'd always known about how gruesome the torture and crucifixion had really been, quite contrary to those little, placid tidbits played out on earlier Jesus movies. I'd read many books detailing the torture and crucifixion. But not till today had I seen it in my own mind, and atop all of that was a higher plateau I had ventured to, almost a new reality--a quiet, serene tranquility that coursed through my soul, never forgetting the ultimate price Jesus paid for our sins. I stumbled out of that theatre, and my friends and I piled into the car, and headed for home. On the way there, we talked and were joking around; now it was silent; I stared out the window, the horrid images flashing through my mind, everything he endured, at his own choosing.

Heid it for me.

And for you.

See this movie, it's simply astounding.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...