Wednesday, February 09, 2005

the vision is mine

I have a vision. A vision of being like Christ. A vision of being salt and light in a very real way, a vision of people seeing me and seeing Christ. A vision that one day I will effortlessly love without an agenda, personify the Sermon on the Mount, live day in and day out in the peace and love of Christ. I have a vision where I am not confined to the world’s way of doing things, but instead am engulfed by God’s grace, living not for my own lusts or for the world, but living for the kingdom. I have a vision that all my ills and pitfalls will be replaced with holiness, radiant in the fruits of the spirit. I have a vision of, one day, being like Christ. I have a vision of one day having radiant love for others, living without effort the fruits of the spirit, being salt and light, living in the kingdom, becoming on the outside and inside a new creation – in short, personifying – bringing to organic life – the Sermon on the Mount.

But a vision that remains a vision without action is a vision – and I want to look back one day and say, “Then I had the vision. It is a vision no more!” It is errant to think that such a transformation comes by just wanting it; it’s not true that just because you want it in your heart, it’s going to drop in your lap. Transformation is two-fold: us and God. We must strive for it, too. I have a vision and am ready to run after it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...