Sunday, February 13, 2005

Quite a fun day, really. Mom taught 'Sunday School' at Southwest Church, a message on how we can't do this whole Jesus-thing alone: we need community! Pat D. and I ate at China Cottage, browsed 1/2Price, thought about seeing a movie, decided against it. Amanda and Ashlie ordered pizza and chowed down; Pat ate some of their pizza. They didn't like that. I watched The Rock with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage before Adrenalin 412.

While the Jr. Highers all played basketball, my friends and I threw shoes into the air, danced drunk on the wine of laughter, and dehydrated to death because the water fountains weren't working. We filmed some short videos for K2 on the 27th. I laugh because if someone saw me and my friends and our everlasting jokes, they'd think I was being bullied; truth is, I love those guys to death and they say the same in my direction. We're like a little quartet running around - quintet if you include Hague when he's down from Northmont.

As Amanda and I were driving home, I smiled because I think Jeff and the sponsors hit off with a brilliant idea in this whole 'circuit' thing. I've enjoyed all of it (even though I missed some of Base Camp; good words from those who were there, though). I think this is really working well because everyone is getting to know each other better; laughter is the suave of friendship and laughter was constant. We all mixed together and had a grand old time. I'm really excited about the future of 412 and the circuit. I can't wait to hear the plan for Expedition next weekend.

One day I will be reminescing on these good old days - but until then, good-bye.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...