Sunday, February 06, 2005

Superbowl Sunday! Woohoo! 412 Superbowl Party was GRAND fun. Running around, hijacking cars, chasing each other outside and nearly falling asleep outside on a swing (how about this nice weather? It's got to be at least forty! I've worn shorts all weekend!). Base Camp was tonight, too, but I didn't really get to check that out, though I hear it was simply great fun. Lee's car's electricity broke down and it was taken to the shop. I had to take him with me, and the trip to the shop took an hour and a half. I picked him up, we went to Drug-Mart because I needed a folder and a red posterboard, and when we finally arrived, the party was already underway! Tons of awesome food: shrimp cocktail, 7-up bread, pizza and brownies. I feel ashamed I ate so much, especially since I had BW3's for lunch with my college roomie (future), John. I also taught Sunday School class, and that went pretty well. I didn't demand attention, and most people gave it. Funny how if you demand their attention you can never have it, but if you kinda let them do whatever, you'll get a lot of people who really DO care what's going on!

I am going to try and pray more often. I haven't been doing too well lately. I have been reading a lot of Eugene Peterson (writer of the Message Bible) and his words on prayer have really inspired me.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...