Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"The last part of Ephesians focused more specifically on how the people of the church loved each other... [Paul] wrote about who the church should be in the world--Christ's body, the physical manifestation of God. When you think about it, that's a mind-blower. Just as surely as God put on a human form as Christ so that we could see Him, now the church is that body so that the world can still see God. If the church lived together the way that Paul describes in the Book of Ephesians, what a great reflection of God we would be." The Everyday Guide to the Bible, pp. 208

"Community" has been on my mind lately, especially what the community of God is supposed to look like (a community of love fleshed out in action in the world). I long for the kind of community described in the letter to the Christians in Ephesus. I long for this community, long for this connection between my brothers and sisters in Christ. At C.C.U., this connection was vibrant. I lived in a sweet community of people passionately seeking God and His kingdom, encouraging me to do the same, loving me and caring for me and sustaining me, carrying me through my trials and sorrows. This kind of community is so hard to find. I hope that one day I will be part of a community like the one Paul speaks of in Ephesus. Sadly, the truth is, because of the kind of people we humans are, this kind of community is so hard to experience.

Okay, one more hint towards where my future might lie; the location will be revealed tomorrow or later:



3 comments:

Dylan said...

I SHALL BOYCOTT THIS BLOG UNTIL I FIND OUT!!!

Anonymous said...

Anth,

Will be good visiting you on this beach.

Ahh - I see myself now. Walking on the beach - wearing a Speedo, my shiny black wingtip shoes with white socks, a straw hat, and white sunscreen on my nose.

dad

Rochelle said...

That looks like a beautiful place wherever it is Tyler said he thinks it's Australia

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...