Monday, May 08, 2006

We are going through a series on Sunday mornings, looking at some facet's of GOD's character. Last week we talked about how GOD is a warrior; this week we talked about how GOD is kind, gentle, and caring. The story I used was the story of Elijah running from Jezebal and finding refuge in a mountain cave, then experiencing GOD on a whole new level. My closing sentiments went something like this: "To those who come to GOD in faith and repentance through Christ, they experience GOD's kindness, gentleness, peace, comfort, care, and understanding. Yet those who do not come to faith and repentance through Christ will experience the wrath and judgment of GOD." In our day-and-age, it's often not popular to talk about subjects such as GOD's wrath and judgment, not to mention Hell; yet GOD calls me to proclaim His message, and this is the message that He has given. It is a message of hope for those who embrace Him, but a message of futility to those who decide to write their own destinies.

As I was driving back to campus (two final exams tomorrow and one on Wednesday), I listened to one of David Crowder's earliest CD's, and it included the song "Every Move I Make." I've always found this song rather childish (I like the more contemplative songs), but I kept getting caught on the lyrics "waves of mercy, waves of grace." When I was younger, I was at the wave pool at King's Island, and I kept getting pulled under by the waves (I clung onto my mom for dear life and nearly took her down with me!). GOD's grace and mercy is not something that is sprinkled upon us; no, it comes on us like waves, knocking us over, drowning us in mercy and grace. We cannot fight against it, it is overpowering.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

So if you don't embrace Him, there is no hope?

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...