Monday, May 01, 2006

It takes more time than I've ever had
drains the life from me
makes me want to forget.
As you as I was
I felt older back then
more disciplined
stronger and certain
But I was scared to death of eternity.
I was saved by grace
but destroyed by naivety.

And now faith is replaced with a logic so cold.
I've disregarded what I was
now that I'm older
and I know much more than I did back then.
But the more I learn
the more I can't understand.
And I've become content with this life that I lead
where I drink too much and don't believe in much of anything.
And I lie to myself and say it's for the best.
We're moving forward but holding ourselves back.
And we're waiting on something that will never come.


---- Straylight Run, "It's for the Best"

2 comments:

Adam said...

Good CD.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

I thought about Doc Rob and Nate several times today. Keep on ministering.

dad

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...