Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What does it mean to follow Jesus, to walk the road he walked, to be his disciple? Obviously it is obeying him--loving GOD and loving others. This is the core discipline of genuine, Christ-centered discipleship: simply loving GOD and loving other people. I think following Jesus means, amongst other things, embracing a new way of life, inwardly and outwardly, a way rooted in love. Being a follower or disciple of Jesus--being a Christian--isn't about believing a plethora of doctrine; rather, it is about being a student of Christ, an apprentice in the art of living, sitting under the Master Jesus, who mastered the art of living and gave us a taste of it in his poetic "sermon on the mount" (Mt 5-7). Being a Christian is about being a new kind of person in the world: a selfless, serving, sacrificial, humble, kind and caring person in a world overcome by selfishness, greed, and indifference.

Here's another "hint" regarding where my future may very well lie:



4 comments:

Dylan said...

WHERE IS IT?!?!?! Come on tell us!

Fiona said...

Yes I want to know it too!! It looks beautiful that's for sure! I'll keep reading untill I know ;)

And thank you, girls appreciate guys like you. I mean, it isn't that hard to ask a girl out when she's standing right in front of you!? :)

Fiona said...

Yes girls can be hard to read sometimes. But I think when a girl really likes a guy she can get really insecure. So you guys freak us out too sometimes ;)
And yes you are right, a girl closes up, when she really likes some one. But if you keep reading my blogs this item will come up and you'll know why I, now, close up when I like some one.

Cat said...

Well-written and powerfully phrased. :) I enjoyed reading. God Bless.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...