Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yesterday was a crazy day. Stressful to say the least, however I was able to "unwind" through laughter with my friend Emily. We made some prank phone calls and talked about life, and we just had a good time escaping--if but for a second--some of the stress of the new semester. I don't really have much to write about. Tomorrow I have class at 8:00, homework from 8:30 to 11:00, then class from 11:00 to noon. I'll eat lunch sometime in there, work 4-7:30 with Nate, do some more homework for my Gospels class on Friday, purchase some books from the bookstore (in two classes alone, my books cost up into $100!), and I have no idea what I'll do come evening-time.

Here are some of my quotes from my time with Emily that are pretty funny:

"I hope God blesses the sweet woman. Maybe give her a baby if she's sterile or something."

"I have an extreme case of bipolar-disorder. The survival rate of people like me is pretty low." (kinda morbid, but funny) Then, "We're usually gone by age 30."

"You think kidney stones hurt??? Try having to endure an hypospadias operation. That's my earliest childhood memory: me lying on the table screaming in agony."

Also, I have uploaded my prophecy notes onto the internet. I have faith that they're a great resource for anyone wanting to know about the ins-and-outs of Old Testament prophecy as well as biographies of the prophets themselves and outlines of their messages (I am quite fond of my section on Jeremiah and Isaiah). Daniel is cool, too. I will one day update it with a section on the debate, "Were the Hebrew prophets ecstatics like the Canaanite prophets?", but that will have to come later because I am literally swamped in homework. Here are the links (it was too big to compress into one file size):

"Part One: The Art of Hebrew Prophesying"
"Part Two-A: The 9th-Century to 7th-Century Prophets"
"Part Two-B: The Exilic & Post-Exilic Prophets

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...