Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The last few days have been pretty good. I'm sorry for not updating: life has been hectic.

On Sunday night I went to two New Year's Eve parties. I visited Matt, Jeph, and Amanda at the Garage, and I watched the ball drop over at Shelby's house. It was good to hang out with Chris, Pat Hague, and Ashlie again: good times. Even more enjoyable was beating them all in ping-pong after they were convinced I sucked. I returned home to see my aunt and uncle and parents. Anna spent the night, and I hung out with Chris till about three in the morning. He left to go sleep at his own place since he didn't have anywhere comfortable to sleep at my house.

I didn't do the "Polar Bear Dip" Monday morning, simply because I was so exhausted and wanted to sleep in. I knew I'd be exhausted Sunday night, so I told my dad not to even wake me up. I eventually rolled out around noon. I spent the day watching several movies and talking to Jessica on the phone. She had a rough day at work and vented about it, which is totally okay with me.

Jessica came over yesterday. I had a special "surprise" waiting for her (surprise being in quotation marks because she already knew about it). We dressed up and slow danced to several songs (she loves slow-dancing), and when her favorite song came on--the theme song to "Beauty and the Beast"--I asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes (hooray!). We then went to Cox Arboretum and then had rice, steamed vegetables, and chicken enchiladas for dinner. Eventually she had to leave to return home, which is sad because I won't get to see her for a week and a half (unless I am able to carve out some time and drive there to see her).

Being bored, I've decided to do a study on Prayer, continue enhancing my O.T. Prophecy notes, and I've started writing a book. I don't think the book will be anything spectacular. My hope is to simply use it to refine my skills for a short story collection I want to put together this spring. I already have one of the short stories finished ("The Shadow of the Wolf") which you can read in segments here.

1 comment:

agapetos said...

Awe! Congrats on the formalization of the boyfriend/girlfriend stage!! That's cool!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...