Monday, January 15, 2007

It has been a wonderful two days back thus far. Sunday night I got to hang out with Caleb for a while, catch up, share a few laughs. I went out with Jessica for a while, returned to visit Lizzie and Monica in student life for an hour and a half, breaking ourselves apart with laughter as we showered stories back and forth. Caleb and I stayed up for two hours before falling asleep. We had a mandatory Hilltop coffee shop meeting this afternoon; Caleb (since he is a supervisor) had to go in at nine and stay till about two, but since I am just a lowly barista, I got the privilege of sleeping in till noon, getting to the shop at 12:30, and getting out around 1:15. We got some new equipment, which is pretty nice: a new espresso-maker that's amazing and a new express-lane cash register. Monk said, "We're going to be adding tomatoes to every sandwich just because of the one customer who always yells at us because she doesn't like tomatoes." Monk cracks me up. Honestly, some of his jokes are a little... beyond the par... for official coffee shop business, but he acts professional when he is on the clock. Another funny instance: Amos was put in charge of labeling all the drawers, and for one where there's a collection of miscellaneous items, he wrote: "Random Sh*t." Monk thought it was hilarious.

Well, school begins tomorrow. I have two classes and I work for three hours. So I must go. Good-night, everyone! I hope everything is going well in yours guys' corners of the world.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...