Wednesday, March 11, 2009

spring break is halfway over

Break has been extremely uneventful. I’ve gotten a lot of writing done, however. I finished my Romans Exegesis, and I am so close to finishing “Dwellers of the Night”: only about 20 pages to go. The next few sections are mostly just conversations and explanations of the man’s getting fitted into his existence in Aspen. I am excited about getting it done; it will feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my chest. If I finish it this week, then it will mean that I have spent… drum-roll… thirteen and a half months working on the book. It will be around 780 pages.

I am not going to make my Romans Exegesis publically available; I’ve decided to do this because I am certainly no scholar. It is without doubt a priceless gem to me, however, and I plan on using it in the future when going through the Book of Romans in a classroom setting. I think I’ll go through the Corinthian Correspondance next, followed by an exegesis of Galatians. Thus I would have the entire Hauptbriefe at my fingertips!

Tomorrow I am meeting up with my doctor at Starbucks to talk about how my medicine is working. It has increased weight gain, so I’m hoping to find something that can counteract the side effect. In related news, I have started an online weight loss journal, which can be found HERE (warning, however: graphic and disturbing images are present!). Tomorrow night my friends Rob and Mandy are throwing Amanda and me a birthday party, and then on Friday I am going to Kentucky for the remainder of my spring break to see my grandma, aunt, uncle, and two cousins. It should be a grand ol’ time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the new layout. you're pretty cool, beast. so glad you're my friend!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...