Monday, March 16, 2009

the tenth week


The First Day of Spring Break. I got sick and vomited upon awakening. I loathe this Abilifi. I worked on Romans homework for a while, napped until 2:00, and went to Clearcreek Park. There’s lots of memories here, both with Jessica and Courtney. Mom fixed dinner at 7:00, so I returned home. Ams and I went to Starbucks.

Tuesday. Mom woke me up with a phone call: “Help me out!” So I ran to CVS and got her a camera chip and delivered it to her at Springboro Intermediate. I spent the afternoon writing, and then Mom, Dad & I went to Lone Star for my birthday dinner. Absolutely delicious.

Wednesday. I woke early this morning and fixed pancakes for breakfast and did lots of writing. I went to Clearcreek Park again, stood where Courtney and I were busted by the cops. Back home I flipped through pictures of the two of us. The end of this month will mark two years since we shared our first kiss. Gah. Why do I do this to myself? It makes me so sad. I wrote a letter to Jessie where I mentioned having sex with both Courtney and Karen. Dad found the letter on the computer (I’m an idiot) and we sat out on the porch and talked about it for a while. I’m surprised he took everything so well, since he thought I was a virgin.

Thursday. By noon I finished the rough draft of the complete Dwellers of the Night trilogy. It felt so good! Mikaela prank-called me today: she put her little sister Larissa on the phone, who sounds just like her. At 4:15 I went to the Spring Valley Starbucks and met up with Joe, and we talked for a while. He’s an elder at Southwest Church like Dad. We talked about school, coffee, church, and theology. Ams and I went to Beavercreek for a birthday party with Rob, Mandy, and Laura. Good times. Rob made chicken pad Thai, and Mandy made me a chocolate cake shaped like a Parasaurolophus.

Friday. I left the house at 9:00 AM and got to Jesse and Jared’s house by 11:00. Grandma, Grandpa and I went out to eat at Jalapenos. It was weird, seeing as they’re now beginning the paperwork to get a divorce, and it will be finalized this month. Jesse, Jared, Sims, Corey and I had a plethora of beer and cigarettes. I threw back three shots of bourbon and got rather tipsy. I crashed on their sofa. I dreamt that Courtney and I were friends, but I was childish and she was mature. It speaks to how I feel: she’s taken two steps forward, and I’ve taken three steps back.

Amanda’s 20th Birthday. Jared fixed coffee this morning. I went over to Aunt Teri’s at 11:00 and we went to Frisch’s for lunch followed by a trip to Dollar General and Lowe’s. We ferried baseball cards to Jesse and Jared’s house, and then we drank some beers at the bar in their basement. I returned to Cincinnati by nightfall and decided to go on back to Mom & Dad’s for church in the morning.

The Last Day of Spring Break. I dreamt Mikaela was possessed by the devil. I woke at 9 AM and fixed coffee and toast for breakfast, then went to Southwest. Megan M. and I chatted for a bit, and then I took her home to Franklin because she needed a ride. I went to ½ Price Books and got two books on the Apostle Paul. As I deepen my intimacy with God, I feel further called to a life of preaching and teaching, specifically in a church setting where theology and “Real Life” meet. When I got back to Cincinnati, I spent the evening in Student Life hanging out with Isaac, Jessie, Mikaela, and Mandy K.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...