Monday, March 30, 2009

the 12th week

Monday. I went to The Anchor after Genesis 1-11 and worked on my research paper for Gospel of Mark. After class Deshay, Faikham and I went to Kroger and Hobby Lobby. Deshay and I shared lots of laughs. I went to The Anchor again this evening to reflect and read St. Paul’s pastoral epistles. It was a solid time.

Tuesday. After Geology I went to Mt. Echo and journaled for a bit. I hung out with Stupid Farmer when I got back. Devos were at 10:00. Mandy K. and I talked for a bit, and then I went to bed.

Wednesday. Larry V. was in town. We got breakfast at the Hilltop at 8:00, and then I sat in on a class he taught on ministry. Isaac and I went to The Anchor to do homework, drink coffee, and talk philosophy. Back on campus Stupid farmer and I hung out for a little while, and then Mandy K. and I went to Roh’s Street where we ran into Ams and Isaac. We were there until they closed at 11:00. Kyle asked me how it went. “I like her, but I can’t be with her.”

Thursday. After Geology, I found Mandy doing homework in the library. “Let’s go to Highlands,” I said, and leaning over the table, our eyes meeting, I convinced her. We got into my car and drove into Clifton, and we got coffee and did homework and talked for nearly three hours, an incredibly fast three hours. This girl, she’s AMAZING. I would love to be with her. I told Gambill, “Whoever dates her will be one lucky boy.” I wish it were me.

Geology Field Trip, Day One. Both Geology classes got breakfast at 7:30 and then we loaded into the vans. Brock handpicked his van: me, Klink, Kugler, Lipely, Ben B., Sarah G., Jessie, Ams, Stephanie, Bethany, and Jessie. We drove north along back-roads, making stops at rivers, quarries, floodplains, moraines, till plans and terraces. Eight hours later we reached our destination: Lake James, Michigan. A church camp situated right on the lank. We ate dinner, did devos, and then had free time. Kugler, Klink and I meandered around campus, and then we joined Sarah G. and Brette C. to look at constellations. Brette’s voice is exactly like Courtney’s. Oh: yesterday I ran into Courtney four times, and we even had one awkward conversation. Yay for those.

Geology Field Trip, Day Two. I woke at 6 AM to spend some time alone before devos and breakfast. I drank coffee and read my Bible and wrote in my black journal. We headed to Lake Michigan today to clamber around in the sand dunes. We got back to the lodge by 5:00, and after dinner and a lecture we had free time. I spent it hanging out with Jessie, Sarah G., Kugler and Ams.

Geology Field Trip, Day Three. We returned to school by 5:00. I grabbed my car and a smoke. Tomorrow I’m going to go to The Anchor before work; I miss that place, and it’s only been a week. Kyle and Lydia like each other. I talked to Mandy K. A LOT this evening. She may have been flirting, but who knows with her. Two years ago to the day I lost my virginity in the woods at Mount Echo. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...