Monday, March 02, 2009

the eighth week

Monday. Genesis 1-11 went really well. Dyke and I had another conversation about smoking. “You should get a hooker,” he told me. I’m wrenching that out of context. I hung out with Sam F. in the Hilltop. Ashley M. came by and tried to scare me. I talked with Mandy K. for a bit at the bar and then went down to my room for a while. I had lunch with Jessie and Amanda, and then Emily and I hung out for a bit. I spent the evening in Student Life with Jessie and Amanda. Sam F. slept in my room; he’s kicked out of his house because they’re spraying it for bugs.

Tuesday. Romans was good. I almost sat by Mandy K., who’s in the row in front of me, but was afraid of giving off that vibe. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel such a vibe, at least on my end of things. I took a nap after Geology and dreamt that Katie was killed by debris in an earthquake, and the rest of us were starving so we said, “Fuck it, cut her up,” and we ate her. Weird, indeed.

Wednesday. Today in Genesis 1-11 Dyke quipped, “Anthony and I are such good friends, maybe because we’re both so weird.” Katie and I had lunch together. “You should tell her about your dream,” Ams said. Yeah, super smart. After Heaven & Hell I went to Isaac’s apartment to chat and smoke hookah. Ams & Stupid Farmer went to Target. Rine had Open Dorms tonight, and Stupid Farmer and I went. I visited Faikham, Deshay, Jessie, Mandy K., and Ams. I left at 9:45 and crawled into bed. “Early to bed, early to rise.”

Thursday. Deshay and I had lunch together, and I spent the afternoon working on papers. Ams, Jessie and I went to Panera for dinner and to do homework.

Friday. Ams and I visited Sarah at Tri-Health, and she hooked me up with a Greek pizza and pasta. Ams and I headed to Dayton. I went to Starbucks and ½ Price Books.

Saturday. I woke at 8:30 AM and had a cup of Deshay’s Venezuelan coffee. I spent the afternoon writing and got back to Cincinnati by 6:00, just in time for dinner with Jessie, Faikham, and Hensel. Jessie, Faikham and I went to Target, and then Jessie and I went to Sitwell’s Café in Clifton for good coffee and conversation. Mandy called Jessie, needing a ride; she was just down the street. So we gave her and her friend Autumn Rainwater a lift: Autumn to her house and Mandy to campus. Jessie and I did homework (or, rather, a lack of it) in Student Life until 1 AM.


Sunday. I woke around 9:30 and went to The Anchor for coffee, toast, and journaling. I went home and wrote six papers. Back in Cincinnati I hung out with Kyle. Mom and Dad passed by campus, passing through Cincinnati, so I grabbed coffee with them in the Hilltop. I hung out with Gambill for a bit. Faikham called: “Can you take me to Kroger?” We didn’t get back until about midnight.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...