Sunday, April 03, 2011

kicking off spring (with ice cream)


My frequent visits to Cincinnati this past week are put on hold. I'm working every day this week (except tomorrow) and thus will be both too tired and too busy to make it down there. Maybe this weekend? I'm hoping to see my friend Gambill soon; we have much to talk about. The weather is nice (a warm-front moved in yesterday; I stood on the Claypole House's front porch with Tony and we watched the storm clouds rolling overhead), and since Amanda was in town for the day, we hooked up with Dylan, Tyler, and Dewenter and hit up some ice cream at The K. I enjoyed a banana split, something I haven't had in years. We sat on their patio for a while just talking and laughing, and then we took a walk and Amanda and I went by my work for drinks and to get Sky a puppy-whip (she loves them). Tomorrow I'm going to try and get a haircut--my social awkwardness shines bright as a Roman torch when the barber tries to talk to me; I hate it--and then hopefully have dinner with Carly and Jessica. The rest of the week? Who knows.

Oh: two things of note.

(1) I finally did a two-hour-long cleaning of the Celica. I did all the windows, the body, cleaned the upholstery and seats, vacuumed and sprayed and rubbed and scrubbed. She looks quite spiffy now. And clean! I've been rocking out the sunroof in this warm weather; it's nice to have one of those and to feel "cool." I've never had a sunroof before 

(2) I'm getting a new mountain-bike. Mandy's been biking to and from work, and since I want to lose some more weight, get in better shape, and get some cardio training in the mix, a bike will be good. Maybe, just maybe, I can get good enough to ride it to and from work? I'll have to figure out how to deal with the whole "sweating profusely" thing, though. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...