Friday, April 08, 2011

making it rain: koala style

Amanda was in town for two days, and it was great to hang out with her. I love her so much and sometimes I wonder if I show how much she means to me. I mean, I know she knows that I love her; but I want to make sure she doesn't just know it but that she sees it. Today we went to North Park when I got off work and traversed through the woods to a spot with a fallen tree where back in the day my friends and I would gather till sunset drinking Jones soda and cradling skateboards. Oh, such good and innocent times. Well. Maybe not innocent, but definitely good. I'm friends with only a handful of the people I knew back then; Dylan, Tyler, and Dewenter. Three. I can count them on my fingers. Great friendships born in the days of our youth and continuing strong today amidst all the changes our lives and our selves have gone through.

Tomorrow Dylan and I are going down to Cincinnati. Grabbing dinner with Blake and Mandy in Clifton, then nabbing some bubble tea, spending the evening doing God only knows what. Half the fun is not knowing what lies beyond 7:00. I have Sunday off and am planning on seeing Dewenter for a while, maybe take Sky to the dog park. 

It's 9:30 and I must be going to bed: heading into work at 6:00 tomorrow morning. So for now it's goodbye. But before I put Sky down in her bed and crawl into my own, I'm going to take a shower using my new collection of identity-driven shower stuffs. I'll be making it rain... Wait for it... Koala style. Thanks to Carly for showing me the way.


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...