Tuesday, April 05, 2011

tonight: Greek

Over the weekend Mandy introduced me to a curious little dinner recipe. After my trip to North Park, I went to D.L.M. and bought the ingredients. Feta cheese. Baby spinach. Alfalfa sprouts (I put that shit on everything). Roasted red pepper hummus. And a cucumber. Back home I wedged all this between two pieces of pita bread. OMG. Amazing. I'm eating it all week for lunch at work. Here's a picture of it:

[NOT FOUND]

Damn it. I forgot to take a picture. 
I meant to. But once I fixed the food, I was so excited I forgot.

Yesterday I got my haircut. Cut it pretty short. 1" length. Shortest I've had it in a long time. Some people think it makes me look older. Others think it makes me look younger (e.g. J.J., who remarked, "Who's the ten year old kid who just walked behind the bar?"). Apparently so did the high school girl who checked me out. She looked at me all weird and asked, "Are you still in high school, because you sure do look it." Who the hell says that to a stranger? Who the hell says that to anyone, for that matter? I told her that I have actually graduated college, and then she went on and on about how cool that is and kept making stupid high school jokes. I realized by her batting eyes and wide grin (resplendent with braces) that she was actually hitting on me. I quickly gathered my things and left. Sometimes I hate looking young--the only girls who flirt with me are in high school, at the most! 

Okay. Now I'm going to go work out, then crawl up next to Sky and put her to bed. This time I have a picture (Sky sleeping in the arm-chair this morning). All she does it play fetch and sleep. A pretty great dog.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...