Saturday, April 02, 2011

cincinnati again? yes please

Yet again I find myself down in Cincinnati. I told Jessica I was coming down, and she said, “You’ve been there all week!” It’s pretty much true. The only time I’ve come home is to go to work. I can’t help that I love it here, that I love this city and all these great people who call this (at least for the moment) “home.” Right now Mandy and I are sprawled out on the sofa in her room listening to “Florence & The Machine” and telling hilarious stories drawn from the nether-regions of our “socially awkward” brains. Mandy is fantastic, and her husband, too, and I love them both. Later on tonight there will be much partying and lots of people whom I hardly ever see (I stick to a pretty consistent crowd when it comes down to my Cincinnati escapades: Rob & Mandy, Blake and Amos, and Amanda). Oh: last time I posted about getting lunch, we (Carly, Devyn, and Alison) grabbed lunch at this diner in Clifton. I had an amazing “Athena Pizza”: artichokes, tomatoes, pesto and olive oil, feta cheese. Delicious, and topped off with some Thai bubble tea bought just down the street. I didn’t get home till late that night, because Mandy convinced me to stay later, winning me to her side by promising free sushi.

Anyways. Life has been good lately. Really good. So much peace and happiness. I spend my days at work or hanging out with friends. I remember a day when I had no friends; now I can’t get around to seeing all of them as much as I want.

Rob just walked in and Mandy’s using her as an armrest. It’s good to see him. He came home from a coffee cupping at Taza Mia. He’s the head roaster there, even did some work for Rock Bottom Brewery, which sold out of his first creation. They’re on the verge of making all this a concrete business deal. I hope it happens: the espresso porter is amazing.

More people are beginning to show up. Though upstairs, we can hear the downstairs door opening and closing. Loud voices. A drinking game’s about to begin. I’m not going to play, have to drive home tonight. But it’ll be good just to hang out.

This is me rambling.
I wish there were more to write.

Blake and Amos are gone this weekend. This Cincinnati trip has been great, but it hasn’t been perfect. Two important ingredients—B & A—are missing. It’s like half a meal. I’m left wanting more. 

1 comment:

Blake said...

Awww, Anth. I missed you man. Hopefully this weekend. Also, I like how you list Amos and I like we're a couple like Rob and Mandy. Real cool.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...