Monday, April 18, 2011

the dayton days [64]

It is finished! The rough draft at least...
Monday. I worked a long-ass 11-7:30. At least Carly was shifting, it's always good to work with her. Sometime soon we're going to have a heart-to-heart about me *maybe* liking Jess.  After work I picked up a helmet from Wal-Mart for when I ride the bike, and I did some pilates before bed.

Tuesday. Joanne twisted her ankle, so I came in an hour early to cover for her. I worked 5-1:00, opening with Jess. Jess watched her nephew Luke after work and invited me to join, but Brianna wasn't home to OK it so that fell through. Dylan & Tyler came over: grilled chicken, baked potatoes, corn and rolls for dinner. We played on the Wii and laughed till we cried and they left. I biked a mile on the Cannondale. Tyler and I are going to bike together this summer.

Wednesday. I worked 5-1:30 with both Jess and Cars. Always good. I biked three miles when I got home, watched some TV, and then worked out. Jess, Cars & I hung out. We went to Emily's thesis defense at U.D., then fixed dinner at Carly's apartment: pasta, bread, some cheese dipping sauce. We had some good talks and watched Arrested Development. Jess & I shared a cigarette before she left, and then Cars & I talked about the whole Jess thing. Quite enlightening.

Thursday. I worked 6-2:30 with a great grew, then biked twenty miles from Waynesville to Fort Ancient and back. Really proud of myself. I spent the evening catching up on my PDP. 

Friday. I worked 5-1:00, then a smoke break with Carly (who doesn't smoke). I wrapped up my PDP by 2:30. Faith likes it; whew! Jessica asked me if I wanted to join her and Emily for the Reds Game, but I was too poor to afford a ticket. I felt pretty depressed the entire evening, went to work to do some journaling on the back patio (I incorporated the scribblings onto the blog, the "Death of Hope" series). Cars noticed I was looking rather gloomy, and I told her why: "Life's one disappointment after another, and in light of this the best thing to do is to crucify hope and embrace resignation." The wind is a bitch tonight, and my insecurities get the best of me.

Saturday. It was way too windy to bike today, so I just went to the Gym and worked out. I went by work to hang out with Carly and work on "Reframing Repentance." I finished the rough draft! Mom and I went out for Chinese (Dad's been gone all day on an Adventure Race). My fortune cookie: Time to tie up those loose ends into beautiful bows. Jess and I texted each other for 2 1/2 hours. I flirted, and I'm pretty sure she reciprocated. 

Sunday. I woke around 7:00, showered, dressed, and mounted up: I biked to work in the cold, had a coffee and read some N.T. Wright, visited with Jess who was working, and then headed back home. Jess said she was impressed by my biking. Dylan, Tyler, and Pat D. came over for a bit: cigarettes and coffee. At 5:00 I went to Jess' condo. Just the two of us. We chilled in her room, formerly off-limits, and went through photographs of some of her amazing artwork. We grabbed dinner from the Red House, a Chinese restaurant, watched some episodes of "How I Met Your Mother", and then I headed home. 

Yes.
I do like Jessica.
But she's leaving town soon for her Master's.
I need to be logical.
I parade logic as my god but succumb to fantasies so quickly.
Damn it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...