Friday, November 26, 2004

I have had a bad headache for the last three days straight, but I've no clue why. I also spent much of the day on the toilet because of diahrrea and nausea; where they came from, I don't know. Then I started having 'black-outs' - move suddenly, and with my eyes open, all I see is black and my ears roar for about ten seconds. I used to get them all the time, and today at least they've been biting at me.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my grandparents and cousins up in New Carlisle. My cousin Matthew, Ams, my grandparents and I drove to downtown Dayton for a STOMP production at the Schuster Center. It was interesting. Surprised to run into Ashley Howard and Erica Owen up there. At the show, it stunk in one way because whenever they banged garbage cans really loud, my head pounded.

On our way out, we passed Uno's Chicago Bar and Grill, sparking memories. Memories of what feel like ancient times. Memories of eating with Pat and Megan Hague, the Southards, and my family after a Third Day concert. Memories of Dad and I buying food at a concession at the concert when Chris, Lee and Pat Dewenter walked past and Dad said, "You should try to get to know them," and I just said, "I don't think so."

"Ironic," I told Amanda, "that they're some of my best friends now?"

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I hope your headaches are better..could be sinus from the sudden changes in weather It sounds like you're dehydrated ..that causes the blackout symptoms you're having Drink lots of fluids ie chicken broth, soda,popsicles,etc and rest Advice from your friendly nurse :) I remember Unos after Third Day that was fun :) I haven't been there since then

darker than silence said...

thanks for the advice; thanks to you i've been drinking a lot and i feel much better! no black-outs yet and just a small little headache, so things are grand!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...