Monday, November 29, 2004

It's that time of year again.

Today I took some well-needed time, sat down at this computer, and browsed Amazon.com. I am an avid reader and have a nice little collection of books ranging everywhere from classical masterpieces to Ambrose's WWII writings, and Michael Crichton and John Grisham to Edgar Allan Poe and lots of John Eldredge. Suspense, horror, action, thriller, even a romance in there somewhere (not the dime romances, the good stuff).

I had a few ideas on my mind and was able to plot out an inclusive Christmas list for my parents and extended family:

Rome: Total War: Prima Official Game Guide, $13.59

In the Name of Rome: The Men Who Won the Roman Empire (Phoenix Press), $9.71

The Complete Roman Army, $26.37

The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Rome (Penguin Historical Atlases), $11.53

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire: Volumes 1,2,3 (Everyman's Library) [BOX SET], $34.00

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire: Paperback, $10.85

Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome, $13.97

Celtic Cross Display


Stocking gifts:

Nag Champa incense

Plain cover, silver Zippo


Beware all you who think I've gone head over heels for my snazzy new computer game! The game was bought out of adorating for the beautiful history of ancient worlds! Lots of people have told me my fascination of ancient warfare has found breeding grounds on my XP; no, the XP breeding ground was birthed from passion.

*** Does anyone know where I can find a celtic cross display? It would be REALLY cool!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...