Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Mom woke me up around 8:00 when she headed out, and since I couldn't sleep, I got up and fixed breakfast and showered, threw on clothes. I fixed some healthy popcorn for breakfast and watched some of Schindler's List, one of my top-ten favorite movies of all time (along with Braveheart, Gladiator, Dawn of the Dead...).

With a few spare hours on my hands, I went before the throne in worship, prayer, scripture reading. God touched my heart and a flame burned within my soul. His presence has not lifted off of me ever since precious hour. The monks were on to something.

Dylan Yosick came over. We laughed and goofed around and played Battlefield: Vietnam and Rome: Total War. Flipped through some yearbooks and fixed supper. Dylan had a pizza and two lean pockets (how the kid stays thin I do not know) and I had some rolls, healthy New England clam chowder, and some new potatoes, lightly buttered and salted. I worked 3-9 with my friends Ricky and Sean; the weather was beautiful - not in the picturesque sunset kind of way, but the ferocious and ominous way. The sunset and the rainbows and hummingbirds show us only one facet of God, perhaps the facet of tenderness? But today's stormy weather showed yet another facet - his royal unpredictability, his dangerousness. Wow. Afterwards Chris Williams and I laughed and joked around and he chased the Jeep as I sped away from his house.

The bath water was hot and I put in some bubblebath. Been a long time since one of those. The bubbles and running water massaged crying feet. I need to go to bed now. 8-12 in the morning.

Thanks for reading about my day; farewell!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I love bubble baths They are so relaxing Use chamomile or lavender
I know a great place to get bubble bath too ....Michelle Box aka SanBox Creations!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...