Sunday, November 21, 2004

This weekend has been a blast. After work Friday, I went to the Christmas in Festival and ran into my friends, Pat Hague, Ashlie Finnie, Chris Williams and Pat Dewenter. Pat and I ran up to Best Buy minutes before it closed and I grabbed a kamikaze-sweet PC game, Rome: Total War. Enough about that, it bores most of you, I know :-).

Saturday I spent with Pat again; we went up to Salvation Army, and as he thrifted I browsed Borders and 1/2Price, but nothing good. We grabbed my sister Amanda and we headed out to Christmas in Springboro, flitting in and out of the tents, eating Kettle Korn, buying incense...

Pat, Ams and I pillaged together our $$$ and snatched a corner desk for my room, sold to us by Rochelle manning the Garage booth, which filled the three of our's time Sunday after morning worship gathering. Dylan and Tyler Yosick swung by, then we chowed down at the Southwest Church Celebration Sunday dinner. I was hungry but thank God I didn't shove food down my throat :-).

My weight loss battle is over, as I reached my original weight goal of 135; but this is a LIFESTYLE change, not a diet - remember that all you dieters :-). You can't go back to your old ways!

After the dinner, 412 polled together, jumped in the cars, and went to see Spongebob Squarepants: the Movie. I didn't like it too much, but lots of laughter with my friends.

There are times in life when we need to just relax and enjoy ourselves. We get so caught up with working for God that we forget that we also ought to - are CALLED to - relax and enjoy our lives not only for God, but with God alongside. So set aside the church bulletin, go outside, lie down in the hammock, and sleep for a few hours. Perhaps God could use the rest, too :-).

"It's useless to rise early and go to bed late,
and work your worried fingers to the bone.
Don't you know he enjoys
giving rest to those he loves?"
- Psalm 127:2, MSG

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I'm glad your desk worked for you What a bargain! and for a good cause :)
Congragulations on meeting your weight goal You are right about the lifestyle change that's why "diets" fail alot of times You did it the right way I'm proud of you
I know exactly what you mean about relaxing I like the bible verse I'm going to use that the next time Darrell tells me I should be cleaning the house instead of reading my book :)

Anonymous said...

Yes...this weekend definitely was fun. I thought that spongebob movie was dumb. It made no sense. But thats true what you say about just setlling down sometimes aside from all the church things...its kind of nice.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...