Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas 2004... 3 days early

Twelve inches, I think, fell all over our town last night, and everywhere else as well. It is really very beautiful. When I woke up, it was just a flurry or two, but by eleven o'clock, the roads were a mess and the snow just kept coming. A friend of mine drove to Northmont and it took him three hours; he was freaked because he kept seeing cars going off the road. Driving, in other words, is fun in this wild weather.

I spent most of the day at Chris and Lee's, and Pat D. was there. We watched the Russel Crowe movie, Master and Commander, ate Smart-Pop popcorn for lunch, and when we went outside for a snow fight, Pat D. grabbed a shovel and was throwing snow in my face over and over. Chris and Lee did the same with snowballs, and I went insane on Lee, driving him into the sidewalk. He rose kicking and another shovel-full of snow blasted me in the face so I ran inside. We finished it off with Perfect Dark.

Dad fixed spaghetti and garlic bread for our Christmas feast. We celebrated Christmas tonight because our next few days are crowded, and we'll be out of town Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am very happy about two new Message bibles I got, a Rome strategy guide (hehe), and even a dinosaur lamp :-). One thing I really wanted but didn't get is wireless internet for my room. Dad kept telling me he was giving it to me for Christmas but it wasn't there. I was really excited about it. Oh well.

It's still snowing.

2 comments:

darker than silence said...

correction: I am getting wireless internet, it just hasn't arrived UPS yet (snow is slowing things down, I imagine...)

Anonymous said...

A dinosaur lamp? I gotta see that.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...