Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas Memories 2004

This Christmas was very exciting. Delicious food, exciting Texas Hold 'em, and finally I've gotten a zippo. It is very nice. I also have some money to buy the two Dallas Willard books I haven't yet got, "The Divine Conspiracy" and "Renovation of the Heart."

As Jared and I were driving through the cold streets of Lexington, I reminisced how Pat, Chris and I did a spin and slammed into a curb a week ago. We were all ashen and petrified; it was complete silence as the Jeep swung around and bashed backwards into the curb, right next to Flavor's Eatery in Olde Springboro.

It was here in Lexington, when I had just gotten my permit (it was, I believe, this time of year, probably January sometime) and I was driving through the streets with my Aunt Teri. I didn't know about defrost (yeah, that was dumb) and I figured, "I'll wait it out... We're almost there." Aunt Teri didn't notice. I stopped at a stop sign before turning left at a four-lane road. I couldn't see, but I said, "Hope they're defrost is working, because mine's not. Hopefully they'll stop... But it's nighttime, so there shouldn't be too many cars..." I swerved onto the road, seeing only frost on the windshield, and turned left. Everything was cool. Aunt Teri started harassing me about the idiocy when twin headlights flashed in the windshield. Aunt Teri screamed, "You're going the wrong way! Turn around!" I hit the brakes, threw it in reverse, tried to turn, but I reversed right onto the median. It was hectic driving to turn and get in the right lane before we got smashed. Then on our way into the subdivision, I ramped the median and almost flew into the trees. Boy, what fun. The good old days :-).

Aunt Teri always bought her stuff from the shopping network. I got a paper clip and a cloth tool set last year. My cousins, in college, got pots and pans, a bunt bread maker, and a pot warmer. Such deals, Aunt Teri said. She's awesome.

When I was little, my mom's side of the family got together and started exchanging presents. Uncle Bill and my dad had hid mine as a joke. Grandpa said, "Everyone got theirs?" Everyone looked around and said, "Yes!" I started crying. I think it might have scarred me, as I am very afraid of rejection nowadays :-). It was a very devastating experience. But if it wasn't me, it would've been funny.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...