Thursday, December 02, 2004

I haven't much to share with you. Life has been school and work, with not too much in between. Tuesday Jeff, Lee, Chris, Dylan, Pat and I got together and talked about how we can start stop talking and start living (does that make any sense?) lives that reflect love and mission for Jesus. Lives of spreading the Message and reaching out to those around us. Hopefully we can make some headway from there.

Afterwards, Jeff bolted and us kids took a drive to Cafe-a-go-go, a delicious cofeehouse, where we hung out, drank coffee, and talked life. The cafe is nice, with chiming music in the background, tender coffee aroma, murals of Central America and Columbian coffee bags. They even had a bonzai tree I almost killed because I thought it was fake :-). It's always fun to just forget the trials and temptations and troubles of the easy teenage life and just lay back, drink a mocha, and listen to the wind against the sails.

My highlight of the week: Manchuan Raman noodles on sale, ten for a buck, bought me two dollars and thirty cents' worth. I got all the flavors. Chili, Creamy Chicken, Chicken n' Mushroom, Beef, Oriental, Chicken, Shrimp, Roast Beef, and I can't think of anymore. Ahh. Raman. The classic college food.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I actually never ate raman noodles in college. in fact i rather despise them. Instead I ate a lot of pizza. A few of us, including an unnamed youth minister worked in the radio station on Monday nights and got a pizza place to sponsor our shows. Then we would have "trivia" questions for our listeners to call in to answer for a free pizza. Somehow our friends always won and somehow we all ended up eating pizza on Monday nights....ah the good old days....it's nice to reflect once in a while.

darker than silence said...

dude how could you not like raman noodles? Haha. Free pizza. That's awesome. Man. Sounds like such good times :-).

Rochelle said...

Raman noodles would definitely not be on my list either I don't care for Chinese food YUK:(
I ate Taco Bell when I was in college a Tostada(which I don't think they have anymore),enchilada and pintos n cheese
Darrell and I eat at Hacienda Grande (formerly El Rancho Grande) in West Carrollton with buy 1 get 1 free coupons out of the phone book all the time For some reason they got about 50 phone books at Serra Chevrolet so we have a big supply
I think one of these days they are going to ask us where we get all these coupons :)
Now I know that radio contests are a scam :)

Unknown said...

I told Kristen I hated Chinese food and she looked at me funny. Shes trying to make me go to P.F. Changs.

Rochelle said...

Darrell and Kristen love PFChangs I've never been and don't plan to go Good Luck :)

darker than silence said...

China Cottage guys, China Cottage. No question. Tyler, I'll be eating there with your bro Sunday :-).

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...