Monday, December 20, 2004

I only got two hours of sleep last night. The pain in my back is immense. Undescribable. Several times I awoke nearly crying out in pain. If I stayed in any position longer than ten minutes, it started to ache. So I slept in dashed 5-7 minute blurps, if lucky. I got the day off school because it hurts so much to sit down, and that's what school is, anyways, right? I figure now is a good time to miss school. These last two days are screw-off days, so I can afford to miss one (or two :-)). I'm not a big fan of public education. Private, now, that's a different story. And I love the idea of career centers. Mom took me to the doctor's, and he said just to take some medicine and take it easy. It's probably sprained. Either from exercising too much or Chris Williams jumping on top of me for a video we filmed.

As I lay in bed last night, I pondered how we take so many things for granted. When I have a cancer sore, I say, "When it's gone, I'll never take it for granted again." But then two days later I am! The same holds true with all kinds of sicknesses and aches and pains. Headaches, jawaches, toothaches. You name it, we've all seen it, and all of us think, "I always take it for granted, being healthy and feeling normal." So right now I'm wondering why I take a fully-functioning back granted, but I know in a few days, when the torn muscle has recalibrated, this will be but a dream, and I'll take it for granted.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better man. Ask your mom to give you a massage:)

Rochelle said...

hope you feel better too anthony make sure amanda waits on you hand and foot:)

Dylan said...

Anthony, i agree with the taking stuff for granted thing. i have alot of good things and i always ask God for forgiveness when i take some of them for granted, i notice it when they are taken away for a period of time for one reason or another. Your totally right on how when they come back you just take them for granted the same way you did before you lost it...its really hard but i figure if you know your taking them for granted and your thankful for them then i think youll be ok...on another note.... dude ive missed you from school man, i cant wait till break man. were gonna hang out 24/7!!!(well maybe not that long)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...