Sunday, December 19, 2004

Pat D., Chris Williams and I feasted once more at China Cottage, enjoying every morsel. I didn't eat very much, though, giving some of my food to Pat - I know Chinese food is the worst for you, no matter which way you look at it.

We spent the rest of the day filming a video project on Jeff Sutton's camera (it really stinks), and somewhere along the line a muscle in my back contorted and now I can't bend forward and back and it just hurts sitting here. Oh well. What can you do? Perhaps this will give me time to read my two new books:

We went to Borders where I bought Emerson's essays, and Walden by Henry David Thoreau. I've always wanted to read their works, and when I saw how cheap they were online, I couldn't resist running over there and yanking them off the shelf.

Two days of school.
No work next week.
Relaxation and wonder.

If my back didn't hurt so much, it would be a lot funner :-).

Now I have to drive Pat and Chris home. So bye.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Hope your back is doing better Take motrin or advil if you haven't already They work better than Tylenol for muscle/back pain and lie on a heating pad or putone of the thermacare heat packs on it
Advice from your friendly nurse :)
As far as chinese food moderation is the key alot of that stuff is high in fat & carbs& they putsauce on some of it that has alot of sugar in it like General Tso's chicken for example

darker than silence said...

that's why, when i eat chinese, it's pretty much ALL I eat that day. same with places like fudd-ruckers and such. and i don't gain any weight. you're right - the key is MODERATION. it's a funny word capitalized

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...