Friday, May 20, 2005

Almost all my friends are sitting in the theatre right now watching Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I almost went, but work loomed instead, and since I had Wednesday off, I went. A slow and painless day, happily. I believe this Star Wars was simply amazing, and I bought the hardcover novel today. Now I have all six hardcover, and I plan on reading through them all, straight in a row, this summer. I am not a huge Star Wars fan, but let me tell you, Star Wars is some exciting and thought-provoking (yes, thought-provoking; Dylan should know what this means) stuff. I also bought a book called The Gates of Fire, a novel on the Spartan soldiers at Thermopylae. Why doesn't anyone ever write a big, blockbuster, intense, epic Roman novel? Oh yeah - I am. It is cold in my room, Star Wars music is playing, and I think I will prepare for sleep, as I must work tomorrow. I want Psalm 16 to be the creed of my life. Read it in The Message Bible; it is really cool jazz. While you're at it, read all of the psalms in Eugene Peterson's translation. He does a really good job, brings out the emotion vividly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude that movie was so awesome! I want to see it again.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...