Thursday, May 12, 2005

It is funny how things change. I opened both my windows down here anticipating storms overnight, and at 12:30 to 1:00 I slept under a veil of hard rain, lightning and thunder. It was beautiful. Four or five years ago, I would've been high-tailing it to the bathroom three or four times and praying to God electricity wouldn't race up my poop as I dropped a load and electrocute me. Thankfully, it never happened. It's not exactly a glorious and honorable death, either. Nothing exciting has happened today. School is easy, my grades are doing really good. I've been consuming the psalms, just chewing them up. You can just taste the heartache and heartbreak, the desperation and jubilation, flowing through psalmist's words; and even more, you can latch on and join in the laments and cries for help and shouts of joy. I really must do this sometime: gather Eugene Peterson's Message translation of the psalms, drive to Cox Arboretum, and just pray through as many as my heart desires as I sit amongst a gazebo enthroned in ivy, flowers petals swirling around me. God is truly romantic. He is beautiful. Hey, here's something that always works pretty well: when you want to meditate on God, play the soundtrack to A Beautiful Mind. It's really weird how contemplating God and listening to that mysterious music make such a good combination. If you don't have any of the music, just talk to me and I'll burn you a CD. Really, it's worth your while.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...