Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I've been fascinated by monasteries for quite some time now. There's simply something amazingly beautiful about a monastery, and life in a monastery. The reverence, the awe, the intimacy with God to be discovered in such places of divine interaction. You have to admire monks, giving up everything they own - all possessions, wealth, inheritance, marriage and sex - to dedicate their lives to developing intimacy with the Creator. My newfound appreciation has drawn me to investiage monastic spiritual disciplines; I even bought a book called The Sacred Way and have completely engulfed it. I have so far practiced some of the spiritual disciplines they mention, such as silence & solitude and Lectio Divina. I plan on practicing meditation sometime soon and also am prepared to develop my own Daily Office - a system of prayers to be prayed throughout the day. I am completely mesmerized by these disciplines.

Jeff, Chris, Ash, Ams, Tyler, Kristen and I drove up Yankee to Chipotle. I pleasured myself with a chicken fajita burrito with some chips. Their salsa is quite spicy. The food is wonderful - I first treated my mouth to such delicacies a month or two ago in Kentucky with my mom, sister, aunt and grandma. Good times. The school year is winding down - fifteen days to go, isn't it hard to believe? In three and a half months, I will be out of Springboro, organizing my room at Cincinnati Christian University. I plan on returning home for the weekends, though. I am excited about college. C.C.U. is a small school, too, which I like. Now that spring is here, I am planning on starting my fiber/protein diet again - working out, pooping a lot, shedding pounds. Working out isn't too fun, but with a good book, pooping borders on ecstasy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up, but you might want to change the second sentence of the second paragraph. If you did that in public you could end up in jail.

darker than silence said...

I didn't realize that. Haha. Imagining it is sickening and funny at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

How about bringing home a textbook one of those 14 remaining days so I can at least say "yes, my son did bring home some school work while he was in high school"

Dad

darker than silence said...

I brought some Algebra II homework home about two months ago before my birthday. I have a study hall so I don't have to waste my precious time on schoolwork.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...