Sunday, May 01, 2005

I didn't go to Prom, because I didn't ask anyone. It's the worst - wanting a girl, but there being no girl you actually want. Well. I guess I'll see what C.C.U. can draw up. I went to bed around ten o'clock and awoke at 11:55 or so to go to the After-prom at the Junior High. Dad let me take his truck, and aside from the noisy vibrations in the pedals and engine, it was a smooth ride through the darkened town. Mom was on the committee for decorating the school, and you might've seen the designs in the paper; it was decked out with a Vegas Strip look. Pretty nice, really. I came at the very beginning, and my friends Dylan and Lee did not show up for about half an hour, so I felt like the outcast kid as I strolled around. Then Lee showed up, and then Dylan, and the night went on a big uphill from there. I saw Tyler once, as well. He and Kristen went to Prom together.

It was amazing. They had Applebee's there - and it was free! Riblets all-you-can-eat! I only ate one, though. And a sugar cookie. My splurge. To satisfy further cravings, enjoy pineapple stars on a stick (I thought they took out the tough pineapple centers, but they didn't; I bit into it and juice squirted out of my mouth, I had to spit it out, and fiber became wedged in my teeth). Lee and I waltzed around, making jokes and just laughing. I won a door prize, a free Burger King meal. Being the health-nut I am, I gave Mom the ticket. She loves B.K. I hate it - used to work there. For two days.

There was this one blow-up thing where you stepped in and wind blew everywhere, and dollar bills flew all around you and you had to grab them. Lee and Dylan both made five bucks; I made two and almost knocked the thing over, twice. When Lee and I rushed through the obstacle course, I reached the top and looked around for him, couldn't see him anywhere. He came around the corner, saying, "It took off my pants! It took off my pants!" He had to re-dress and collect his keys. The greatest laughter came when I put on a velcro vest and jumped onto the velcro wall; I did so well that I got stuck and was flailing around like a fish out of water, just plastered on the wall; after about twenty seconds of struggling, the manager grabbed me and ripped me off; I hit the blow-up floor and pitched off the side. It was fun.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Springboro prom and afterprom were great too bad we didn't get a picture of you on the velcro wall :)
We have something in common as far as burger king I worked there for 3 months and hated every minute of it I have told both my kids NEVER work in fast food
One of these days God will bring the right girl into your life and you will know it I didn't meet the right person until I was 23 :)

darker than silence said...

Your words are encouraging, thanks!

Yeah. The velcro wall is a memory to cherish. Anna had the exact same problem.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

You, mom, and I all complain about the noisy vibrating engine, gas pedal and steering wheel. Why can't the GM dealers fix it ????????? arrrrggggghhhhh

Rochelle said...

Time for a new truck Jordan :)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...