Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Today has been a wonderful day. I really love the word wonderful. It really makes me smile. Pat Dewenter and Ashlie came over and Mom fixed us spaghetti. Pat and I worked outside in the toolshop making Mindy her present. We also added two decals to my replica wooden Roman sword; it is a gladius, thrusting sword, and I have made it accurate down to the nearest centimeter; we painted it gray and bronze and leather brown. After spaghetti, we trekked down to North Park, where we sat on the swings and looked up to the sky, reminescing on the good old days, when we first started hanging out, how things have changed. Pat D. remembers knowing me as the "fat albino kid with white hair," and we ended up becoming one of my best friends. Sophomore year, our quartet for roaming the park and going over to each other's houses was made up of Chris, Lee, me and Pat. Now it's Ash, Ams, me and Pat. Chris and Lee have kind of faded into the background. We don't hear much from them anymore, and it is kind of sad. I guess a lot of things will be changing soon, though, come three months from now when I am at Cincinnati Christian University.

The weather is so wonderful (there's that beautiful word again!): not too hot, not too cold; not too windy, not too still; not too cloudy, not too clear. At north park I laid out on one of the wooden picnic benches and looked up between the tree limbs, to the cerulean sky peppered with streams of misty clouds. I closed my eyes and felt the cool breeze and knew life, right then and there, was absolutely wonderful. I departed from the others and walked down the trails of Sophomore year, all alone, closing my eyes and losing myself in another time. So much has changed, and so much will continue to change. Yet right now, at 10:02 p.m., I can think of nothing better to do than to listen to soothing nature soundtracks, light incense, cross my legs and meditate. I am not meditating because I lack the patience, but the incense smoke is burning my eyes and this very computer is playing a soothing serenade called "water voices." These are the moments you wish you could freeze in time, just take a deep breath, and hold onto forever.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...