Sunday, February 28, 2010

the dayton days: IV

Mom & Aunt Teri in the igloo!
Monday. I woke to quiet rains and a gentle blanket of mist. I drove down to Cincinnati on a whim, hung out with Ams, Jessie, Tony, Mandy, and Sa-Rah in the C.C.U. Student Life Center. I had a crush on her a year ago, and she was shocked. We cuddled on the sofa for a bit and then I joined Mandy, Rob, and Gambill at the Hoos Apartment for good coffee and conversation. I was going to stay later to see Sarah but decided against it. I'm doing good at eradicating my feelings for her, and I don't want to thwart that. I got home around 5:30 and Mom fixed dinner. Sarah called me, sick with mono. I hope Billy gave it to her.

Tuesday. My phone wouldn't turn on this morning, so I took it to the Verizon store at the Mall and they fixed it. Mom & Aisa had the Sr. High Girls study. They celebrated Sabrina's birthday. Pizza, cake and ice cream. Quite detrimental to my weight loss. It was a pajama party, too, so that was weird. Dylan and I went to Centerville Starbucks and I ordered a decaf triple shot and the barista gave me four. "Way too much caffeine," I joked. She just stared at me.

Wednesday. I spent the day looking for jobs and writing. Mom came home and I fixed usdinner. Sarah texted me, saying she's excited about seeing me tomorrow. I'm excited, too. Dylan, Tyler and I met up at the Centerville Starbucks and shared lots of laughs.

Thursday. I made coffee, showered, and took applications to Starbucks (Mad River and Spring Valley). From there I drove down to Cincinnati. I picked up Jobst and we hung out till about 5:00. Sarah came home, and I started taking shots. 10-12. A hefty number. I got quite drunk. It was so good to see her, and we laughed so hard. Over the past few weeks, I haven't thought about her too much. But seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, spending three hours with her... Well, I definitely still like her. More than I thought I did. She took me over to Mandy's, and she had to pull over so I could puke all over the curb. When I got to the Hoos Apartment I got sick again and passed out in Rob & Mandy's bed. Around 12:30 Ams showed up and took me back to the Lehman House. I passed out in my bed (it's still there, have been using Grandma's bed), wishing I were sober and in my bed at home. Home has become Dayton now. The transition: complete.

Friday. I woke around 7:00 with a splitting hangover and saw Sarah off to work. I slept till 10:00 and went to C.C.U., saw Tony, Jessie, and Sa-Rah, who were all at Mandy's last night (I barely remember it). Sa-Rah was made at me for being drunk last night. Jessie was just glad I didn't have too bad of a hangover. I ran by NAPA on the way home, an errand for Dad. I napped till Mom got home from work, and we went to I.G.A. and fixed pasta for dinner. I started to feel sick again, so I took a nap. Then Aunt Teri got here and woke me up. I felt better. It started snowing again, but only a couple inches. A snow plow got stuck in our driveway and a tow-truck pulled it out. There's a two-foot ditch where its back wheels got stuck spinning in the mud. Sa-Rah called me, asked how I was feeling, and we talked for a bit. She's not mad anymore. Mandy called me, asked if I wanted to come back down to Cincinnati to play drinking games with her and Katie. The thought of more alcohol just made me feel sick.

Saturday. Sarah went out and got trashed at the bar last night, called me in the middle of the night ranting and railing about Billy. No crime in drinking, but when she's with Steph and the Hamilton crowd, she tends to make bad decisions. I urged her to be smart but she just hung up on me. I went back to sleep until 9:00 and fixed cofee for me and Aunt Teri. Sarah called from work at Tri-Health, told me, "Stephanie, Erika and I just hung out at her place. I didn't make any bad decisions." She talked about her issues, like being attracted to jerks. The root cause is probably her dad being an ass and fucking her up. Dylan and Tyler came over and we fixed Mac & Cheese for lunch. They left around 3:00, and Ams came up and our family went north to celebrate Grandma B.'s birthday with a spaghetti dinner. I ate waaay too much. When we got home Ashlie called me, asked if I wanted to see The Crazies with her and Hank. Absolutely I did! So we saw it and went back to their apartment and caught up. They have an apartment on Main Street here in town. A nice place. 

Sunday. Aunt Teri decided to vacuum this morning at 7:30 AM, waking me from my slumber on the sofa. I went to church. Dad did communion. Dewenter came over after church, and we hung out for a few hours and then saw the movie "Up in the Air." Good stuff. Mom, Dad, Aunt Teri, Grandma & I had Marion's Pizza for dinner. Chris called, wanting to hang out, but I had no gas. Now I'm off to sleep: another week of job huntin' and living off the seams of my pants.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...