Monday, February 01, 2010

i've moved back to Dayton

Yesterday afternoon I made the move back to Dayton and am staying in my parents' guest bedroom (what used to be my sister's room; my old room is now a den). I unpacked everything and sat on the bed and looked out the window at the trees and felt a great sadness. A knot formed in my throat and tears welled up in my eyes. I love Cincinnati so much, and I love all the great friends I've made there; but this is for the best, and I know it will get easier. While the reasons for the move were simply to get out of a situation where I am in love with a girl who doesn't love me back, and that nonreciprocated love becomes an even greater hell when she starts dating and making out with other people, this is a move that was, ultimately, unavoidable. At the end of April I would've returned to Dayton anyways, so I'm just getting a jump-start on my life here. I have an extra three months to get a job, save up money, and get my own place. The job market is just as awful in Dayton as it is in Cincinnati, but I have connections and will be able to get a minimum-wage job if it comes to that.

I'm currently in Cincinnati right now (had to come down here to pick up some stuff from a friend). I'm going to be eating dinner with Sarah and Amanda and then heading back to Dayton either late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I probably won't be returning to Cincinnati for a couple weeks, but that means when I DO return, it will be even greater, even though it will just be a temporary visit.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...