Friday, June 18, 2010

my boring life, part 2

My summer has thus far consisted of working, reading, and hanging out with friends. I am itching to write and have several ideas but am finding it difficult to really flesh them out. My interview with the church in Franklin went pretty well. I preach there on July 11th and then who knows from there. It's like a try-out. I'm going to try and preach on something that's uncommon but yet not really far out there. Work has been going good, and so far the only thing I have to look forward to is a trip to Wisconsin at the end of August. Between then and now, I am probably going to go swimming and kayaking a few more times (wearing sunscreen, of course). The burns don't hurt anymore, they just itch, and that's bearable. My Friday night was spent at Chic-Fil-A and hanging out around the house with Tyler and Ams (she's in town for the weekend), and tomorrow morning I work a morning shift and then I'm off till Monday, and looking forward to it. Sunday my sister is joining me and Dewenter at M.C.C. and then (hopefully) we're going to China Cottage afterwards. My fingers are crossed. Now I'm going to go to bed. Here's a picture of me grilling pork chops yesterday evening (and sporting my favorite silk pajama pants, of course!):

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...