Monday, June 07, 2010

monthly weigh-in #6 (+ a quote)

Weigh-in for the month of June comes in at 147 pounds. Only two pounds lost. I'm not surprised. This month has been crazy with all kinds of pre-summer parties, weddings, family get-togethers, etc. I haven't eaten very well, and I've had a few bouts of sickness where I was unable to really work out. At 147 pounds, I'm five away from my original goal of 142#. I am hoping to be around 135-140 by August first. I know I can do this if I stick to a certain plan I've come up. Only 1300 calories a day, plus working out every day except for Sunday, and I should lose 2-3 pounds a week. I'm going to experiment with it this week, see what happens. My schedule looks like this:

Monday: chest, shoulders, back
Tuesday: arms and legs
Wednesday: abdomen
Thursday-Saturday: repeat
Sunday: off

And my diet? The original that I employed for a few weeks and lost a lot of weight with: fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs, whole grains, and lots and lots of water. Breakfast this morning (after working out) will be two eggs and two pieces of toast, lunch will be a peanut-butter sandwich, and for dinner at work (working 2-11:00) I'll be chowing down on a spinach wrap (I hope!). I'll check back in on June 13th to monitor any weight-loss since the beginning (today).

Here is a great quote from N.T. Wright on the last page of "Surprised By Hope":
God in his gentle love longs to set us free from the prison we have stumbled into--the loveless prison where we refuse both the offer and the demand of forgiveness. We are like a frightened bird before him, shrinking away lest this demand crush us completely. But when we eventually yield--when he corners us and finally takes us in his hand--we find to our astonishment that he is infinitely gentle and that his only aim is to release us from our prison, to set us free to be the people he made us to be. (pp 289)

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...