Wednesday, June 16, 2010

my boring life

The sunburns don't hurt anymore. Now they just itch. Uncontrollably. I tossed and turned all night long because every time I got close to falling asleep, the burns would start to itch again, and I'd have to wake myself up to scratch them. Life has been pretty unexciting lately, as I told my friend Jess. We've had lots of humongous storms coming through the past couple nights; my mom was convinced there was a tornado down the street last night, but she was just misinterpreting the sound of the wind (I was close to a tornado in Minnesota; if there is one, you'll know). I work this afternoon and then have a meeting with a church in Franklin for a part-time preaching position. From what I can deduce, the ministry-search-team is divided on me. Half of them are impressed with my resume and sermon examples, and the other half doesn't like the fact that I'm only 23 years old. When they see that I actually look like I'm 15, I'm sure their concerns will be cemented. I know my young looks have an affect on my job applications; who wants a preacher who looks like a little kid? But I know that much of the controversy is just in peoples' heads. I've done adult ministries in various locales and manners for four years now, and it's never really been an issue. It may just be an imaginary issue.

Later this week my friend Mandy may come up and we may go hiking. I have Sunday off work, which will be nice, meaning I'll be able to finally grab China Cottage with my friend Patrick and maybe some other people from church. I've been having psychological withdrawal. I even dreamt about their General Tsau's chicken the other night. I'm a freak. Other than those things, I really don't have much planned. Just working and studying, looking forward to my August trip to Wisconsin, a sort of sabbatical and retreat.

I've got coffee brewing, so I have to go. Ok, bye.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...