Sunday, June 20, 2010

next two weeks

I actually have a two-day weekend, which is incredible (today and Monday). I'm going to church this morning at Southwest. It will be good to see some old friends. To celebrate Father's Day, we are grilling out hamburgers and hot dogs, and I may even take a swim in the pool. Tomorrow I am getting China Cottage with my good friend Hank, and perhaps his wife Ashlie if she isn't working, and then I may be going over to Indiana to visit my friend Jess for a couple hours. Then for the next two weeks I work straight through without a break (minus Thursday, when we are having a baby shower for Wade from work here at the house) and then on the 2-4th of July, my cousin Jesse is getting married down in Kentucky. I'm reading something at the wedding, so I've got those three days off work. It should be pretty great.

As far as weight loss is concerned, I am stuck between 145-147# no matter what I do. Yet at the same time, I continue to look skinnier as my muscles build and get tone. I have honestly just been concentrating on the muscles lately, not the running. It's not that I don't want to run (I do), but it's been one thing after another preventing me from doing so (first a bout of sickness, then another bout of unrelated sickness, and then another round of sickness, and then a nasty sunburn that has fried my legs and now my skin looks like an alligator hide). I plan on picking it back up within the next week or so.

I am halfway through "The Challenge of Jesus" and am excited about launching into Wright's "Paul In Fresh Perspective" afterward. Before church this morning, I'm going to go to Starbucks and read the next chapter, taking notes as I go along (per usual). I bought Wright's "Evil and the Justice of God" which I'll be reading after his work on Paul, and then I am launching into "After You Believe." From what I have read of it so far, Wright takes a more philosophical perspective to the issue than Willard does, Willard being far more practical (with his great books such as "Renovation of the Heart" and "The Spirit of the Disciplines"; very akin to Foster's "Celebration of Discipline" but far more theoretical). Reading, reading, reading... Summer is a great time for that. And writing? Still trying to figure out what I want to do there.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...