Monday, June 28, 2010

the dayton days XXI

I didn't see Blake this week. But I wish I had.
Monday. Sarah called late last night, confessed that she and Keith had been together, but things were over now: he kicked her to the curb for some piece of white-trash ass. "The only thing that makes me feel better," she said, "is knowing that a guy as good and awesome as you liked me." I went to Starbucks and then grabbed China Cottage with Hank. A string of storms rolled through: mass flooding and tornado sirens. I went to Indiana and visited Jess Lynn. We ate dinner at a dive joint in Liberty and then got ice cream and went to a park and stood on a dock at twilight. Then we went to a playground and played on the tire swing. I got home around midnight. On the way back I had to shit so bad and couldn't find a gas station, being in the middle of nowhere, so I pulled into a subdivision and shit into a bag and threw it out the window. And I killed an opossum with my front left tire.

Tuesday. I met up with Frank, a guy I met at F.C.C. last week. We grabbed lunch at Frisch's, and he talked about all sorts of stuff he's going through. The poor guy's a little slow, and he's the type who gives everything a spiritual meaning. Very dualistic and platonic in his beliefs. And he's a talker; boy, is he a talker. It was exhausting just to listen to his circular and repetitive conversation monologue. I worked 4-11:00 with Abby and some others. 

Wednesday. I got up at 7:30 and went for a short run before working 10-6:00. The midday shifts feel long because you watch the morning shifts leave and the evening shifts come in. Sarah sent me a bunch of messages about Keith and his girlfriend, how much it hurts, yadda-yadda. My heart hurts for her. She needs to reorient herself and get back on two feet before hunting down the next douche to date. At 6:30 I called Faith I. I met her through Sarah and Mike F., and we've been chatting here-and-there over the past few days. She told me to give her a call sometime, so I did. We talked until 10:30--four hours!--at which point I had to go. The conversation was full of laughter and confessions. The time flew by. She's a cute girl with a good heart.

Thursday. Wade's baby shower from 12-2:00 went well. Great turnout and great food. Lourdes' son LOVED Maebe. Clean-up took ten minutes. I went to the Mad River Starbucks and hammered out more notes from "The Challenge of Jesus." It's a pretty tough, albeit great, read. One of the baristas, a cute blond, flirted with me. I called Faith I., and we talked for three hours. Sarah came up to spend some time with me and to get her mind off things, and we got dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries and then went to Starbucks for drinks and talked about all the shit going down. We played Mario-Kart and sat on the front porch and talked. She and Faith I. used to be good friends. "You two would be good for each other," she said. No feelings resurrected after seeing Sarah. I am, by God's mercy, over her.

Friday. I worked 1:30-10:00 after a morning of reading. Me, Abby, Betsy, and Mandy M. A superstar crew. We rocked shit out. Faith I. went to the E.R. today: migraine. She called me around 1 AM, sounded high on morphine. We talked from 1 AM to about 10 AM. Nine hours. Holy shit.

Saturday. I got up around noon and ate lunch before working 3-11:00. When I got home, I gave Faith I. a call before bed. We talked for about twenty minutes. Certainly no nine hours, but it was good nonetheless: and I was able to pass out, super tired since I only slept two hours last night
.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...