Friday, July 02, 2010

a wedding is here

The seven-day stretch at work is over, and now I'm gearing up for a weekend in Kentucky. Jared and Ashley were married in May, and this weekend Jesse and Mandy are getting married in Mount Sterling, Kentucky. Mom and Amanda are already down there, from what I've gathered; we've got a hotel room near the church. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner at Mandy's parents' house, and tomorrow is the Big Day. I'm doing something in the wedding, reading something I believe, though I'm not sure what, exactly, I'm reading. My best guess is 1 Cor 13, the treatise on love (though in all honesty, what St. Paul writes about and how it functions in modern thought are wholly different). Sunday I'll be heading back to Dayton, and I may be stopping in Cincinnati to see some people, but I'm not really sure. It's all up in the air right now. Once Monday comes, another work week begins, day-after-day of morning shifts.

I slept nine hours last night, which is actually more sleep than I've had for the last four or five days prior. Late nights and early mornings are not conducive to much sleep. But it's been worth it: I've been hanging out with a pretty fantastic girl, and now is the time to figure out where to go from here. I'm doing a lot of praying and meditating, seeking God's guidance in the whole ordeal. For the first time I am operating not just off my own whims and desires but seeking what God wants me to do. In reality, God may not care; but if He does, I'm going to try to sap that for all it's worth.

My trip to Wisconsin in August has fallen through. My student loans are due and I am literally running on fumes financially. I can hardly afford gas. It really sucks. I'm still taking the week off, though I'll probably just remain here in southern Dayton, doing nothing whatsoever. That's what vacations are for, right?

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...