Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the chronicles of repentance

Back in April I started a blog "series" or "chronicles" on repentance. Essentially they were random postings of my thoughts regarding the act of repentance. I planned on trudging through the entire landscape of repentance but became waylaid by a more intense study of Christian eschatology which led, in turn, to a study of Jesus from an eschatological standpoint, which in turn put lots of things in perspective while opening more doors leading to countless questions rather than closing the doors on previous questions. Amidst all of this, however--which continues--I have not forsaken my thoughts on repentance, and I have still written on repentance several times (just not in this blog, but in my handwritten journals). I'm going to continue with the series, albeit intermittently I am sure. The first post will be in the next few days, and it is entitled "The Temporal Necessity of Repentance." The one after that will be "The Eternal Necessity of Repentance," and then from there I'll leap into other issues surrounding the concept and practice of repentance. Below are links to the first three posts:

1 Clement & Repentance
"What Is Repentance?"
The Choice of Repentance

In other news, I arrived at work today an hour early thanks to a concoction of my own stupidity and the fact that several clocks in the house were an hour ahead (strange, seeing as there was no daylight savings time). Now I am going to get off here and go to work.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...