Monday, July 26, 2010

the dayton days (26)

Aroma's Java & Gelato

Monday. I worked 5:30-2:00 and went by DLM afterwards for a late sushi lunch. Tyler came over, and I went with him to Skyline and we watched "American Gangster" and played Mario-Kart.

Tuesday. I worked 6-3:00, a long-ass and tiring shift. Sabrina & Maria came in to visit me. After work I went with Ams to the mechanic to get her car worked on (it's been acting up). Ams, Tyler and I met Dylan at the Springdale IMAX and watched "Inception." It was amazing, far better than "Avatar." Ams went off about Sarah, how she's still sleeping around, complaining about it, talking about how much she wants to change, then doing it all over again. "She says she wants her life to change, that she wants to meet a Christian guy, says she wants to get back with God. But she says it because she knows she should want it. But she doesn't want it. Not at all. She just wants to fuck and get drunk. That's all there is to it."

Wednesday. I slept in till about 8 AM and had toast and eggs for breakfast. I cleaned out my car and did work around the house before jetting down to Cincinnati. I visited Jessie at Refuge, and we got lattes and then headed down the street to Sebastian's for a Greek luncheon. I spent the rest of the night hanging out with Mandy & Tony and we had some bourbon.

Thursday. I woke up around 9:30 and took Hartman to Aroma's (he's in training, Jessie's replacement). I got some coffee and visited Jessie one last time before she moves back to Illinois. I grabbed lunch with Jobst at The Anchor: we smoked our pipes and talked theology. Before heading home, I joined Mandy and her friend Steven for a trip to Staples. I got home around 3 PM and Dylan came over when he got off work. We had grilled chicken for dinner and smoked on the front porch and played Wii and watched TV. I told Dylan about what Ams said about Sarah. He said, "Sarah thinks she's different from all those people in Hamilton, but she's not. The drunkenness, the partying, the casual sex, there's all the proof you need." Jessie's disgusted by Sarah, and Mandy's more enraged than disgusted. But definitely sickened.

Friday. I worked 5-2:00 and helped Jessica run the Starbucks Luau. It was cool. I ran the games and got to wear a Hawaiian t-shirt and, yes, I got paid for it. After work I took Ams to get her car looked at yet again. It's still fucking up. Tyler came over, amazed at the cleanliness of my car. We fixed chicken and hung out with Ams and went to DQ for ice cream.

Saturday. I spent the morning journaling at Starbucks and the afternoon doing a top-to-bottom cleaning of the house (I even organized my closet). Mom & Dad got back from New Orleans around 12:30 AM, and I helped Dad return the rental van in the dead of night.

Sunday. I woke at 8 AM and went to Starbucks for a coffee and a lemon loaf. Dewenter and I went to Miamisburg Christian Church. The sermon was entitled "Stormy Waters," and it was about life's difficulties. We joined Chris, Hank, Ashlie and some others for lunch at a barbecue joint in Miamisburg. We had reservations for 12:15. I worked an easy 3-9:00. Thanks to the misinterpretation of a status update on Facebook, Betsy from work things I'm a sexist and refuses to talk to me. It's laughable, really; and she's been going around telling people about how sexist I am! Come on! Some people love drama, but I'm not one of them. When I got off work, the family came in to see me: Mom, Dad, Ams, Aunt Teri & Grandma. Aunt Teri & Grandma are in town 'cause Mom's having surgery tomorrow. Her snoring's just gotten too much for dad to handle.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...